The Pottstown Area Health & Wellness Foundation’s purpose is to help you and other area residentsembrace a healthier lifestyle. We provide health and wellness education and award grants to non-profit organizations. Learn more about ways we can make a real difference. (The Foundation is a community organization created after the sale of Pottstown Memorial Medical Center to Community Health Systems.)
Position: Grants Assistant
Regular Part-Time - Starting at 30-35 hours per week
This position requires a detail-oriented, organized, and motivated individual to effectively oversee the grant administration operations and data integrity needs of the Foundation. This person will report directly to the Program Officer for Schools, Recreation, & Active Living and work in conjunction with a second program officer to manage grant recordkeeping with regard to applications, required documentation, reporting, payments, and other administrative functions. Additionally, the Grants Assistant will work collaboratively with the Program Officer for Schools, Recreation, & Active Living in the execution of grantee information sessions, grant-related program projects, as well as grantee related initiatives.
Microsoft Office required; experience with MicroEdge GiftsOnline & IGAM a plus
Bachelorís degree preferred, or equivalent experience in non-profit or grant administration staff
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned as needed):
- Manage workflow and effectiveness of the grant administration process
- Answer grantee questions related to online application process, technical troubleshooting, and Foundation requirements
- Assure accuracy and integrity of the grants database
- Seek greater efficiency between database and grants process
- Send grantee reminders for interim and final reports, as well as preparing their online accounts to submit required information.
- Track grant payments effectively
- Maintain and updating communication templates
- Submit timely reviews of compliance issues
- Confirm preparation for annual audit
- Produce reports for Program Officers, Executive Director, Controller, and Communications Associate, as requested
- Support Program Officers in monthly preparation for Grants Committee meetings, minutes, and follow up
- Set the tone for a professional, responsive, and problem-solving oriented grants team
- Work with Program Officers to provide appropriate feedback to grantees
- Serve as liaison to database software company
- Attend and contribute to weekly staff and program staff meetings
- Attend monthly evening Grants Committee meetings, and other evening Board meetings as requested
- Record minutes for committee meetings as requested
- Participate in community and grantee events and meetings on behalf of the Foundation
Qualifications and Experience Needed:
- Previous work experience with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team within a highly detail and process oriented role
- Experience using relational database or grants management software preferred. Experience with MicroEdge GiftsOnline & IGAM a plus
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills with attention to efficiency, customer service, and internal workflow.
- Ability to consistently produce quality work and meet deadlines
- Flexible work style, able to wear multiple hats and interact with different roles within the office
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple complex tasks with composure
- Ability to prioritize work at hand
- Ability to work productively and proactively both independently and as part of a team
ē Provide support to Communications Associate by conducting research, writing, and posting health and wellness articles to social media website. Potential growth into providing support of social media content through Facebook & Twitter.
- Attends weekly staff meetings
- Attends continuing education, ie: seminars, workshops, meetings, etc.
- Attends events, ie: health fairs as needed.
- Complies with all Foundation policies and procedures
- Demonstrates flexibility in response to unexpected changes in workload, staffing and scheduling
- Performs all other related work as requested by Executive Director, Board members and Committee chairs.
- Applies principles of confidentiality to all Foundation matters
Physical Requirements (Lifting, Bending, Stretching, etc.)
- Ability to lift at least 15 lbs. Infrequently.
Candidates with an interest in a healthy lifestyle are encouraged to apply. The position is open for immediate hire. Interested candidates should send a resume and thoughtful cover letter describing your specific qualifications and interest in the position. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered. Applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
Salary range: $30,000 - $37,000 commensurate with experience
Benefits package offered
Potential for FT growth
How to Apply:
Send resumes to Rose Crews at email@example.com.