The Pottstown Area Health & Wellness Foundation provides opportunities for our community to enthusiastically embrace a healthier lifestyle.
Area residents leading healthy lives through healthy lifestyles.
The Foundation enhances the health and wellness of area residents, providing education, funding and programs that motivate people to adopt healthy lifestyles.
- To hold as paramount the health and wellness of residents of the Pottstown area.
- To ensure that a diversity of views is solicited, represented and considered.
- To maximize resources through community partnerships.
- To regularly assess the Foundation’s effectiveness in meeting its mission.
- Identify, select and provide grants to non-profit Section 501 (c) (3) organizations that provide health and wellness-related services in the Pottstown area.
- Identify, select, invest in and conduct, as appropriate, programs that improve health and wellness in the Pottstown area.
- Actively promote, support and conduct educational programs that enable Pottstown area residents to improve their health and wellness.
- Monitor the agreements made between Community Health Systems Inc. and the former Pottstown Healthcare Corporation.
As part of our strategic plan, the Foundation has redefined our long-term goals, effective June 28, 2011:
- Funding programs and solutions for long-term improvement in healthy behaviors.
- Promoting healthy living through nutrition, activities and programs in public and private schools to reduce obesity and encourage healthy living.
- Improving parks, programming and the built environment to increase access and physical activity.
- Creating and promoting social networks involving healthy living.
- Funding programs for physical health and emotional well-being.
- Funding learning opportunities and strategic planning to strengthen non-profits.